Friday October 7, Mende

A close up view of the cathedral.

Have had a pretty low key relaxing day today, such a comfortable apartment to stay in. Most of these places have a washing machine so put a load through this morning and out on a rack to dry. The walk down into town is extremely steep, Ian decided to give it a miss, but I put my back pack on and headed down and had a really nice few hours meandering around this great town. The cathedral dates from the 14th century and the houses that line the narrow streets look really old.

Found some rather nice shops and managed to add a few items to my back pack! Stopped at the supermarket and picked up some food for tonight, decided to cook for a change! Although not so sure if it was a good idea when I had to walk up the hill with a rather heavy backpack!!!

Have been doing a bit of planning today for our last two weeks in France, deciding where we should head…just so many choices!!!

Didn’t take my big camera with me today, kept thinking of the walk home! So used my phone and my small Sony camera. 

That is where we parked Ruakiwi in 2017!
 



A very impressive outdoor exhibition of
large, stunning photographs printed on metal.




Saw a queue of people outside this shop and then
I looked in the window and could see what they
were after. Wonderful prepared meals and meats.


Comments