Monday September 22

September 22 Monday, Country Bumpkins Campground, Lincoln, New Hampshire.

After stewing for a few days over the failure of my best lens, (which will need to be repaired by Canon New Zealand and will take about 4 weeks) finally decided to take the plunge and buy the one that is on my wish list. We had contacted a store in Portland and found they had the one I wanted, so headed south this morning, a 30 minute trip down a toll freeway to Hunts Photo and Video. The guys in the store were so helpful and friendly and I departed with my precious new piece of equipment. Ian managed to head for the nearby sports store while I was busy!
As the weather was just so good, really clear and sunny, decided to head north west into the hills. It was a great drive through some very pretty country and rather affluent looking towns, especially around the Sebago Lake area. I was busy taking photos out the window of Ruakiwi, having lots of fun getting used to my new toy. Stopped just out of Naples for lunch…another one of those interesting names, then on through Freyburg and across the border into New Hampshire.
As in New Zealand, autumn is my favourite time of the year, the air seems to be so clear, and fresh. The leaves are looking great, but obviously we haven’t quite hit the really red colours.
The scenic Kancamagus Highway passes through the White Mountain National park, and is a real autumn must, with the road lined on both sides with hardwood trees, already showing a lot of colour. We climbed up over the summit, about 3000 feet…..needed lots of stops with my new lens.
Arrived in Lincoln, quite a busy little tourist town, especially in the ski season. Tonight’s camp is a real gem, not very big, and beside a river that bubbles away over rocks…very peaceful sound to go to sleep with.







Comments

Ange said…
New lens?! Screw the trip details, I want to know about the new lens! Which one did you get? ;-P
Meg Lipscombe said…
For the "Technical"....my 24 - 105 has malfunctioned. I have bought the 70 - 200 L 2.8 IS....ouch!!!
I have a wide angle 17 - 24 with me, which is good, and now this big beastie, so will have to take a different tack with my photos as have a gap in the middle. But a good learning curve, as will have to rethink the way I am looking at things.