Thursday August 18, Olallie Forest Camp



Mileage covered today……nil!!!! We stayed put, it’s such a wonderful spot, and no mosquitoes, felt that we could do with a catch up day. And it has been really good. Wandered down the road to the boat ramp this morning where they launch rafts but no action, guess that will happen in the weekend when this whole camp is booked out.

This bit is for photographers……. (!) I spent time reading my new Photoshop book that I bought the other day, learning about doing HDR with CS5. Wandered off with the camera on the tripod and took some suitable photos then played. I don’t like the really overdone look that some HDR photos have so it is a technique that I will have to work on, but included some on the blog.

Also just finished a really good book that Sherry lent me….”Water for Elephants” by Sarah Gruen. One of those reads that you can’t get your nose out of. Thanks Sherry.


Comments

richardg said…
We did "Water for Elephants" at our book club last year and loved it also. Jan and I also saw the film recently,somehow the film had a violence that is not in the book.The rave book of the moment is "hand me down world' by Lloyd Jones.

Happy travels.